Thursday 29 October 2015

Nothingness

When I first came here, I did not see anything.  The land looked bleak, desolate and dead.  The sea a dreary misty grey and it was cold.  What on earth did I get myself into?  I have always loved nature and it's greenery - the trees, the grass, the endless splendour of various blooming flowers and their invoking fragrances.  I loved the rain on a tin roof, heavy thunderstorms and lightning strikes.  The smell of earth just after the rain; no better smell in the world.  A world of sunshine and warm weather...

Then, I moved here.  Where there is nothing. Where there are only a few trees. Where it never rains.  Not even a little love shower.   All I saw was sand, rocks and a miserable grey sea.  

But now, I see...
And my heart will never be the same again as I have seen beauty beyond compare.
Right here in this nothingness.


No comments: