Thursday 27 October 2016

When sadness comes

When Sadness comes,
I hope it only stays for a while
That it won't become a companion
But will be just a quiet presence
in the corner that lingers a bit
and quietly leaves...

When Sadness comes,
please let it be
without the mess of emotions it brings
without waves of regret, rage, weeping, despair
Let it just be a tiny soft sorrow
A mumbled murmur that does not disturb the surface
And does not seep into my soul.
Give me dignity to carry the cross
we all have.

When sadness comes,
Let it only wash over me like an ocean tide
that has to come
but has to go again too.
Let not the sea be rough
and let the waves break gently.
Let me be still...

For Sadness is part of life here on earth
And I pray it be gentle with us
That it caresses, but not consumes

Let sadness be.
Sadness; a reminder that life 
was not meant to be like this on earth.
And when sadness visits,
let it bring Hope as well
For Hope will stay
When Sadness goes.


No comments: